The Dreamy Girl- Deepika Padukone is now the number one actress in the Bollywood. Why will anyway say no to know more about this beautiful lady? The actress did not make big just after she entered the glamours industry but she went through various struggles and stages of life. Here are few shocking things Deepika Padukone did before making the place in Bollywood.
1.Her first debut on the big screen was ‘Aishwarya’ a Kannada movie released in 2006. The film was a commercial success and was among the top 5 hit films of 2006.
2. Himesh Reshammiya gave her the first ever Bollywood break in his music album ‘Naam Hai Tera’. It was when Farah Khan noticed her.
3. She has learned her dancing skills from master Shamak Davar and acting skills from Anupam Kher.
4. She comes from a sports background, her sister Anisha is a golf player and her father as we all know the champion Prakash Padukone was a badminton player. She was also a national level badminton player.
5. Before ‘Om Shanti Om’ her first advertisement hit was the ‘Liril” advertisement. Post-2005, Deepika found her stride in the modeling industry.
6. Actually ‘Om Shanti Om’ was not her first movie. Farah Khan had signed Deepika for ‘Happy New Year’, but the movie got delayed due to some reasons and then she was signed for ‘Om Shanti Om’.
7. She’s not only in the glamorous field but also believes in social work. She has adopted the village of Ambegaon in Maharashtra, to help them with water and electricity crises.
8. Before coming into Bollywood she was in a relationship with a wannabe actor Nihar Pandya. They broke up under very dramatic circumstances when she got involved with Ranbir Kapoor.
9. Being a model and also a perfectionist in it, Deepika did an intense shoot with Upen Patel, which is really sizzling and hot.
10. Her first ramp walk was for The Lakme Fashion Week for designer Suneet Varma in 2005.