After so many devices with finger-print sensors, Huawei has got something in that genre. The Ascend Mate 7 announced by Huawei at IFA event, is the company’s latest phablet. The 6-inched phablet boasts a Full HD screen with 83% screen-to-body ratio. It has been powered by an Octa-Core (4×1.8GHz + 4×1.3GHz) Hisilicon Kirin 925 processor based on 8+1 architecture with 230MHz micro core smart sensor for perpetual standby.
The device has got the finger-print sensor to its back. The device wakes up once the sensor detects a touch of finger and is highly sensitive. Thanks to Swedish FCP company which helped design the sensor for Huawei. Ascend Mate 7 has dual antenna for 40% fewer dropped calls and smooth 4G LTE by intelligently detecting the strongest signal.
The device runs on Huawei’s Emotion UI 3.0 placed over Android 4.4 Kitkat. Speaking of dimension, its just 7.9 mm thick.The device also comes bundled with UltimoPower Active Noise Cancelling Earphones that reduce noise by 15-30db and self-charging internal battery when connected to a smartphone.
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 specifications
- 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) in-cell LTPS display, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core (4×1.8GHz Cortex A15 4×1.3GHz Cortex A7) Hisilicon Kirin 925 processor with Mali T-628 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Emotion UI 3.0
- 13MP camera with, F2.0 aperture, Sony Sensor, 5-element lens LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera 5P non-spherical lens
- 7.9 mm thick and weighs 182 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
- 4100 mAh battery
The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 comes in color variants of Black, Silver and Gold colors and is priced at 499 Euros (Rs. 39,190 approx) for the 2GB RAM/16GB memory variant and the 3GB RAM / 32GB memory variant would cost 599 Euros (Rs. 47,000 approx.).